These popsicles are the perfect mix of light and summery mixed with the total decadence of creamy cheesecake. Use fresh strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries to create your own perfect flavor combination of these berry cheesecake popsicles.
It is blazing hot in Florida right now. Even though summer just begun, it’s definitely in full swing in my little area of the world. Along with these yummy popsicles, I thought I’d share a few tips to help you beat the heat.
How to Avoid Triggering a Heat-Related Attack:
- Avoid the glare by wearing a hat with a rim & your favorite sunglasses. I like Theraspecs Outdoor Lenses. You can find Alicia and my review of them here.
- Stay hydrated! Don’t go more than 2 hours without a glass of water. An insulted water bottle can help.
- Exercise indoors, or better yet, in the swimming pool.
- Bring a misting spray bottle filled with cool water and add a couple drops of peppermint oil.
- If you’re planning to spend the day at the park or the beach, try brining a portable fan. Placing it on top of cooler full of ice is like bringing outdoor AC with you.
- Wearing a fabric covered freezable neck wrap or cooling towel is my favorite strategy to keep from overheating.
- I recently purchased a small fan that plugs into my cell phone. I use it when I have to stand on playgrounds while making school visits for work. You can find it here.
- Eat lots of homemade popsicles ;). I used these popsicle molds.
Wishing you a cool and migraine free summer. Xo! – Jennifer Bragdon
Jennifer Bragdon is monthly contributor for The Dizzy Cook. She went from being housebound for months to working full time and living an active full life by following the Migraine Strong treatment pie. Preventative meds, the Heal Your Headache Diet and supplements do a lot of the heavy lifting in relieving her symptoms. Catch her recipes and posts each month under “The Dizzy Baker”.
This post contains affiliate links.
These popsicles are the perfect mix of light and summery mixed with the total decadence of creamy cheesecake. Use fresh strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries to create your own perfect flavor combination of these gluten-free berry cheesecake popsicles.
- 12 oz fresh blackberries, strawberries, or blueberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey (only if berries are not too sweet)
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a medium saucepan, cook berries over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes. This is the time to add honey if your berries are not sweet enough.
Pour the cooked berries into a deep mixing bowl, blender, or food processor and blend them until smooth. I used the blueberries and strawberries as is. I don’t like big blackberry seeds in my popsicles, so I strained the blended mixture in a wire colander before refrigerating. Allow blended berries to cool in the refrigerator about 20 minutes.
In a small mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until well combined. Layer the berry and cream cheese mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 24 hours before serving.