Ground Beef Nachos Supreme
Seasoned beef is combined with melty cheese and lots of toppings for an easy and fast meal or appetizer that's perfect for game day. Serves 2 for a full meal and 4-5 as an appetizer
Servings: 4 people
Seasoned Ground Beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn
- ½ 12oz bag tortilla chips
- ½ pound good quality American cheese, shredded (Boar's Head, Andrew & Everett, or Horizon)
- ½ cup low-sodium canned black beans
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup sliced peppers (sweet mini peppers for mild, jalapeño for hot)
- 2 radish, sliced
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Add ground beef to a large pan over medium high heat and begin to cook till no longer pink about 5-6 minutes, breaking it up into small bits. Once cooked through, drain any excess fat and add the spices, stirring over medium heat till well-combined. Add ⅓ cup of water and bring to a simmer, until almost all the water has cooked off. Mix corn with the beef to defrost, or cook separately in the same pan once the beef is removed.
Cover a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the tortilla chips on top, then sprinkle with shredded American cheese. Layer the ground beef, beans, and corn. Bake for about 7-8 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Add the fresh toppings - cilantro, peppers, green onions, radish, and any sauces and serve immediately!
- Good quality American cheese is usually found in "block" form from the deli counter. Ask them to cut you a big piece so you can grate it on a cheese grater. If you can only find Horizon, tear into smaller pieces or remove the individual wrappers and smush them together to grate.
- For a faux sour cream, blend cottage cheese in a food processor and leave dollops on top of the nachos after baking.
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 509mg | Potassium: 573mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1508IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 630mg | Iron: 4mg