Ground Beef Nachos
Seasoned beef is combined with melty cheese and lots of toppings for an easy and fast meal or appetizer. Serves 2 for a full meal and 4-5 as an appetizer
Servings: 4 people
Seasoned Ground Beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ 12oz bag tortilla chips
- ½ pound white American cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- chopped peppers like poblano or jalapeno
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Add ground beef to a large pan over medium high heat and begin to cook till no longer pink about 5-6 minutes, breaking it up into small bits. Once cooked through, drain any excess fat and add the spices, stirring over medium heat till well-combined. Add ⅓ cup of water and bring to a simmer, until almost all the water has cooked off.
Cover a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the tortilla chips on top and sprinkle with shredded American cheese. Add the rest of the toppings except for the cilantro. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Add the cilantro to the top of the nachos and serve with salsa or any extra dips you'd like.
- Two brands I really like for white American cheese are Boar's Head and Andrew and Everett. You can get it in the "block" form from the deli counter.
Calories: 516kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 1207mg | Potassium: 482mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1507IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 641mg | Iron: 4mg