HYH Safe Ranch Dressing
This migraine safe ranch dressing is so fresh and tasty! It thickens as it chills. Give it at least an hour to really let the flavors combine.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise *homemade or safe store bought
- ¼ cup whole milk or milk substitute *I like Oatly or hemp milk for a milk substitute, but I find they don't thicken like real milk does
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbsp shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅛ tsp dried mustard
- ¼ tsp dried dill *if using fresh, double this amount
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
Combine all the ingredients and whisk together until smooth. Chill for at least 30 minutes - 1 hour. It will thicken more the longer it chills. Serve on a simple salad or use as a dip for veggies.
Sometimes the onion flavor can get a little more strong on day two. If you don't like that flavor, just eliminate the shallots. If you LOVE that flavor, feel free to add ½ clove of garlic as well.