Black and Blueberry Crumble
The perfect summer dessert!
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1.5 tbsp flour or cornstarch I used gluten free flour
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp OPTIONAL: lemon zest (do not use if just starting HYH) Lemon is NOT HYH safe, but if you can tolerate it like I can, add 1 tsp
- 1-¼ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar or brown sugar
- ⅓ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup unsalted, raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup melted butter I used kerrygold
- pinch of kosher salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a roughly 10inch baking dish with a little butter. I used an 11inch gratin dish, but a 9x9 baking pan will also work.
In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the fruit filling and add it to the gratin/baking dish. In another bowl, mix together the topping ingredients until well combined. Spread on top of the fruit filling mixture.
Place the dish on a middle rack in the oven and bake for about 55-60 minutes, until golden brown. Mine took 60min.
Serve with vanilla ice cream, like Haagen Daz or McConnell's.