Cherry Vanilla Smoothie
Dairy free but super creamy and delicious, this cherry vanilla smoothie will be your new favorite breakfast!
Servings: 1 person
- ¾ cup frozen cherries
- 1.5 tbsp sunbutter (sunflower seed butter)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup water or milk of choice
- ⅓-1/2 cup ice
- ¼ cup dried white mulberries (optional, see post)
- 1 tbsp goji berries (optional, see post)
- hemp seeds and/or chia seeds for garnish or extra protein
Combine goji berries and mulberries (if using), vanilla, sunflower seed butter, and water. Blend to combine. Add frozen cherries and blend. (If you have a high speed blender like a vitamix, just dump everything in and blend it)
Add desired amount of ice to thicken. Serve immediately...naturally!
- Start with liquid first, then seeds and/or fruits and vegetables, and finish with ice.
- Add more ice to thicken the smoothie (or frozen fruit) and more water or milk to thin it.
- Seeds add lots of extra protein! Here you can substitute the water for hemp milk if you're looking for a very filling breakfast.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 66IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg