Endive Boats with Goat Cheese
Inspired by Jaleo by José Andrés that uses oranges and almonds, this recipe combines strawberries with a light vinaigrette and pepitas for a nut-free, gluten free vegetarian appetizer!
Servings: 14 pcs
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- ½ teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons good extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Belgian endive
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2-3 oz fresh goat cheese (chevre)
Trim ends of endive and pull leaves apart carefully. Set aside. In a bowl, mix together chopped strawberries, white vinegar, and olive oil. Spoon strawberries into endive cups.
Add crumbled, fresh goat cheese and top with chopped chives and pepitas. Cover and chill or serve immediately.
Calories: 24kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 42IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg