Apple Oatmeal Smoothie
Made with warm spices, like cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg along with filling oats, this smoothie is a healthy and delicious way to get in some apples for breakfast.
Servings: 1 smoothie
- 1 cup roughly chopped apple, like honeycrisp
- 2 tablespoons dried mulberries (optional, but worth it)
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats or quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup apple cider or apple juice (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup ice
Add the apple, mulberries (if using), oats, and sunflower seed butter to the blender along with cinnamon and nutmeg. Then pour in apple cider and milk. Blend till smooth. Add 1 cup of ice, blending till smooth and frothy. Serve immediately!
- I like to use gala, honeycrisp, or fuji. Green apples will work too, but won't be as sweet. You do not need to peel your apple.
- Pumpkin seed butter will also work.
- I prefer apple cider (NOT vinegar) to apple juice here. Definitely get unsweetened.
- Make this recipe dairy free and vegan by using a plant based milk like Oatly, rice milk, or hemp milk.
- I personally think this smoothie is sweet enough without additional sweetener, but you may need to adjust if using green apples. Maple syrup would work.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 422mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 2mg