Roasted Mashed Cauliflower
Roasted cauliflower and garlic are whipped with creamy ricotta cheese for a delicious side dish.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed into florets (about a 3 pound whole cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6-7 garlic cloves, skin on
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: fresh chives for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread florets and garlic on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes until nicely browned in spots. Remove the garlic from skin (it should be soft and you can just push the inner clove out).
In a food processor, combine the cauliflower, roasted garlic, ricotta, and butter. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally to make sure it all gets blended. Taste and adjust any seasonings and serve warm.
- Use a quality ricotta cheese without gums for the best texture and flavor.
- Don't worry about it being too much garlic. The flavor softens during roasting.
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 496mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 468IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 1mg