This quiche florentine is the easiest spinach and goat cheese quiche you'll ever make. Minimal ingredients, quick prep, and awesome flavors make this a great breakfast. Serves 4...or two really hungry people!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 9" frozen pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 oz chevre (soft goat cheese)
- ½ cup loosely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper
- fresh thyme (optional)
Remove pie crust from freezer and allow it to warm while you preheat your oven. When softened a bit, poke holes all around the crust with the tines of a fork. If you want your crust to not puff up even more, fill it with pie weights or beans. Pre-bake your pie crust according to package directions (mine was 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes) on the bottom ⅓rd of your oven, until very lightly browned.
Meanwhile, mix together the eggs, milk, cream and whisk till combined. Then add goat cheese (crumble with your fingers), spinach, and chopped shallot with kosher salt and black pepper and stir. The goat cheese will not fully combine, but that's ok, it will melt down.
Remove pre-baked pie crust from the oven, change the temperature to 400 degrees F, and pour in the filling. It's really ok if you pie bottom breaks a part a bit, you won't be able to tell once it's baked.
Bake at 400 degrees F for about 50 minutes, until the center is puffed up. It should have just a slight jiggle, not a wave, when you move it around. Allow it to set/cool for about 5-10 minutes before eating. I LOVE a little fresh thyme leaves on top if you have them on hand.
- Pre-baking your frozen pie crust is necessary to keep it from having a soggy bottom. I also find that baking in the lower ⅓rd of my oven helps as well.
- I have never had an issue with my crust burning at these cooking times, but if yours is looking a little dark, you can cover the crust with tin foil or a crust shield, if you have it.
- Gluten free pie crusts are fairly easy to locate. I would not recommend editing this recipe to be dairy-free.
- For those sensitive to histamine, replace the spinach with chopped lacinato kale.
Serving: 2slices | Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 157mg | Sodium: 359mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1042IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 2mg