Instant Pot Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
These air fryer chicken tenders are quick, easy, and super crispy. Served with ranch, bbq, or copycat chick-fil-a sauce, the whole family will love them. See post for gluten/egg-free options.
Servings: 4 people
- 1.5 pounds boneless chicken tenders
- ¼-1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons regular or dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika (smoked paprika works too)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 cups panko
- olive oil or cooking oil spray
If you're using chicken breasts, pound them out to a little less than ½" thickness and then slice into tenders OR slice the breast in half width-wise and then into strips.
Spread all purpose flour in a shallow dish, then in a separate shallow dish, combine mayo, mustard, kosher salt, paprika, and garlic powder. In a 3rd dish or plate, add panko.
Dip the chicken tenders into the flour, coating both sides and shaking off any excess, then place them in the mustard/mayo mixture. Finally, coat them in panko, patting both sides and shaking off excess. Place them on a plate or foil till ready to cook.
Preheat air fryer lid to 400 degrees, spray both sides of the chicken lightly with oil spray and place into the raised rack of your air fryer. Cook 8 minutes on the first side, flip and cook another 7 minutes on the next side. They're done when they're golden brown on the outside and 165 degrees F on the inside (using a meat thermometer).
Since you have to do this in batches. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet and put the finished chicken tenders on top. You can leave them in a warm oven till the rest are done and they should stay crispy.
- This recipe serves between 3-4 people depending on how hungry they are. Or one pregnant lady and one guy who does a lot of crossfit.
- See post for detailed oven baking instructions - 425F at 15-17 minutes.
- For gluten free, use GF panko and all purpose flour
- For egg free chicken tenders, use my egg free mayo recipe.
Serving: 2strips | Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 790mg | Potassium: 699mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 61IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg