Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip
This creamy spinach artichoke dip is perfect for parties or as a snack and is gluten free. Pair with crackers, tortilla chips, or veggies for a great appetizer dip!
Servings: 6 people
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 10oz package frozen spinach (defrosted) or 12oz fresh
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes * Leave out if you don't like anything spicy
- 1 14oz can artichoke heart quarters in water
- 8 oz plain cream cheese, cut up into cubes
- ⅓ cup fresh mozzarella, shredded or torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
Start with getting any excess moisture out of your defrosted spinach by placing it in a kitchen or paper towel and giving it a squeeze. Also run quartered artichoke hearts under water to rinse and pat dry. Chop the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces and set aside.
In a medium pan, add olive oil and heat over medium. Add minced garlic and cook, stirring for about 1 minute until softened but not browned. Add the defrosted spinach (or fresh spinach) and stir till warmed through, or totally wilted. Add the chopped artichoke hearts and cook another 2-3 minutes until they're softened. Season everything with a small pinch of kosher salt and add red pepper flakes, if using.
Turn heat to low and sprinkle in cream cheese, stirring until it begins to melt down and become creamy. Add mozzarella, stirring till melted through. Remove from heat and stir in the mayo, taste and adjust any seasonings (this won't need a lot of salt in my opinion). Transfer to an oven safe dip dish like a gratin dish or mini cast iron.
Set broiler to high heat and cook about 3-5 minutes, until nicely browned on top and bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- See post for product recommendations and dipping suggestions
- You can freeze spinach dip, just transfer to a freezer-safe container or bag and store for up to 2 months. Completely defrost before reheating to serve.
- I just used a fresh mozzarella ball and tore into small pieces, but you can also shred it.
- You can reheat in the oven or microwave.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 192mg | Potassium: 52mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 594IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg