Roasted Lamb Chops & Mint Goat Cheese
Paprika, cumin, and oregano makes this lamb super flavorful by itself.
Servings: 4 people
Spiced Lamb Chops
- 1 rack (or 8 chops) frenched rack of lamb, cut separately You can chop these either 1 or 2 ribs together
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- tiny splash of distilled white vinegar
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
Mint Goat Cheese
- 3 oz fresh, plain goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped If you really like mint, add 2 tsp. The flavor gets stronger the longer you let it sit.
Add all the spices together with olive oil and vinegar, you can blend in a food processor if you'd like. Pull lamb out of the fridge at least 30 min before you decide to cook and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Then top with the olive oil/spice mixture, rubbing it into the lamb on all sides. Allow it to sit at room temperature with the spices.
Prepare a baking sheet with tin foil and preheat oven to 425. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or cast iron over medium high heat until hot, but not smoking. Add lamb chops and sear on one side 2-3 min until deeply browned, then turn and sear another 2-3 min. You may have to do this in batches so your pan isn't overcrowded. Just place seared chops off to the side on the baking sheet.
Placed seared chops into the oven and bake at 425 for 4-5 minutes. I baked mine for 5 minutes and it was medium, which I prefer medium rare. 145 degrees is medium rare, 160 is medium, and 170 is well done. Cover your lamb with foil and rest it for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Mint Goat Cheese
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse till fully combined and a little "whipped". Allow to sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to combine. Keep in mind the mint will get stronger the longer it sits so either use it sparingly if you want to make ahead, or add more if you want to serve immediately.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 674IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 3mg