Salted White Chocolate Cookies
A little bit of sweet and savory, these white chocolate cookies are topped with flakey sea salt for a perfect balance. Slightly crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside, you'll love these cookies!
Servings: 18 cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar *aka Sugar in the Raw (can be subbed with other sugars)
- ¾ cup + 2 TBSP packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon table salt (like Morton's)
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Maldon sea salt to finish
In a large bowl, combine the room temperature butter and all the sugars and cream together with a mixer on medium speed till light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract, beating on a lower speed till just incorporated, then add the baking soda and table salt.
Again on low speed (or by hand), mix in the flour in 3 parts. The dough will be pretty thick. Stir in the white chocolate chips. From here you can either form the cookies into balls and place in the fridge or just transfer the whole dough. If you're patient you can even leave it overnight...
Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F. Use a scoop or form into 1.5 inch balls and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Take a small pinch of sea salt and sprinkle it just on the top.
Bake for about 12 minutes until the tops are just lightly browned (you still want them soft and gooey on the inside so they should still be a tad underdone). Then allow them to rest on the cookie sheet about 5 minutes before transferring to a rack or plate or your mouth.
- These cookies freeze really well! I prefer to freeze them in balls and then bake when I want them. No need to thaw, just place them directly on the cookie sheet. They may just take 1-2 minutes more.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 174IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg