Creamy Sweet Corn Pasta
Sweet summer corn and zucchini squash are combined with a light goat cheese sauce and topped with basil for a simple summer pasta.
Servings: 4 people
- 8 oz (½ package) pasta of choice. I used fettuccini.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, removed from the cob
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- 4 oz fresh, unflavored goat cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chopped
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Save at least a cup of pasta water before you drain it completely.
In a large, high-sided pan, heat about 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in the pan over medium heat. Add corn kernels and sliced zucchini, cooking until softened and slightly browned about 6-7 minutes. Add about ¼ cup of pasta water and whisk in fresh goat cheese until it makes a creamy sauce. Keep adding a little bit of water until it reaches the consistency you desire (I typically don't add more than ⅓-1/2 a cup total), then season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
Add pasta and toss with the sauce (tongs are helpful for this step). Top with fresh basil and fresh black pepper, and serve immediately.
- This recipe makes 3 full size servings for a full meal or 4-6 for a large side.
- Use "chevre" goat cheese - the soft, creamy kind.
- To remove corn kernels, place the cob over a bowl and run a chefs knife down the sides. The kernels will fall into the bowl.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 533IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2mg