Strawberry and Peach Burrata Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
The perfect summer salad - strawberries, juicy peaches, and creamy burrata all combine with arugula and a fresh basil vinaigrette. Great for cookouts with friends when paired with a simple grilled meat or fish.
Servings: 4 people
- ½ 5oz package of arugula
- 6 large fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 small fresh peaches, sliced * Any kind is fine
- 1 ball of burrata, torn into pieces
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
In a food processor, add the shallot and garlic. Process till finely chopped. Then add basil and the rest of the ingredients, pulsing till combined.
In a large bowl, add arugula and top with sliced strawberries and peaches. Tear the burrata into small-ish pieces and plop it on the top. Drizzle with basil vinaigrette and a little fresh cracked black pepper. Sea salt is also wonderful on top if you have it.
- Burrata can be expensive, so I recommend Trader Joe's for the best deal I've been able to find.
- Spinach can be substituted for arugula.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 762IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg