Grilled Flank Steak Tacos
Completely citrus-free, these grilled steak tacos are migraine friendly and can also be made gluten free by using grain free or corn tortillas. Pair it with salsa verde and the Mexican Rice recipe.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup tart cherry juice pomegranate juice can also be subbed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-3 tsp smoked paprika can also use regular paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½-2 lbs flank steak
- 4-6 tortillas
- queso fresco optional
- tomatoes and cilantro optional
- 2 green onions chopped optional
Whisk all the marinade ingredients together and place in a large ziplock bag or roasting pan.
Add the flank steak to the marinade and let sit in the fridge for 2-8 hours.
Heat charcoal or gas grill to about 425-450 and add steaks 8 min on first side. Flip and grill about 6 min on other side for medium/well. Remove and place on cutting board.
Cover steak and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing across the grain of the steak (rather than with the grain).
Add toppings and enjoy!
Tortillas can be covered in tin foil and heated in the oven for 5 minutes or, if you have a gas grill, you can toast them over the open flame about 1 minute per side to get a nice char.
- If you can't find tart cherry juice, I've also used cranberry pomegranate juice with good results.
- For gluten free, use your favorite tortillas like corn or cassava flour.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 308mg | Potassium: 712mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 701IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 4mg