Vegetarian Fried Quinoa
Adapted from The Dizzy Cook’s Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry with Spicy Sesame Sauce. Perfect for a delicious weeknight meal.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Japanese eggplants, chopped
- 2 zucchini, wash and chopped into ½" pieces
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 6 oz mushrooms
- 1 bunch of green onions, trimmed at the ends and chopped
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 6 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce - Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend till combined. Set aside.
Cook quinoa according to package with vegetable broth. I use Bob’s Red Mill because it is already rinsed. Most others need to be rinsed first.
Add sesame oil to a skillet or wok on high heat. Add all the veggies except for 2 green onion and toss. The veggies should take about 3-4 minutes to cook. You still want them a little crisp. (I use Japanese eggplant because it doesn’t need to be peeled, has less seeds, is less bitter and a little creamier, but any eggplant will work)
Add the cooked quinoa to the skillet and toss everything together with the sauce. Serve and top with the 2 chopped green onions.