Vanilla Chia Pudding
This recipe is just a good base to start and then you can add whatever toppings you would like! Feel free to use any kind of milk that fits your diet as well.
Servings: 2 people
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon sunbutter (sunflower seed butter)
- Optional: strawberries and blackberries
- Optional: pumpkin and sunflower seeds
In a mason jar that's at least 12oz, combine the milk with vanilla and honey. Shake, shake, shake your booty (and the container) till fully combined. Add the ¼ cup of chia seeds and shake a little more. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes, then stir the seeds to make sure they're fully mixed with the milk. Continue to chill for another hour or overnight.
Stir in the sunbutter, berries, and seeds. Enjoy!
- I used homemade hemp milk for extra protein (recipe linked above)
- I used 1 teaspoon of honey, but I think certain types of milk already add sweetness. My favorite is using hemp milk, but any kind will do.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 213IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 282mg | Iron: 2mg